You are here
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, skinned and seeded
- 3/4 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Sriracha, or other quality hot sauce
- For the biscuits:
- 3 cups self-rising White Lily flour
- 10 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until only small morsels of peppers and cheese are visible.
For the biscuits:
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter pieces and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the machine running, add buttermilk just until the dough comes together.
Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Knead briefly. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a two-inch round cutter, dipping the cutter into flour between cuts.
Transfer cut biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet, spaced one-inch apart.
Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
Cut biscuits in half. Spread a generous amount of cheese mixture on one side, and top with second half of biscuit. Press gently and serve.