Just like in the smarts-meets-strategy board game, live trivia nights challenge players’ random knowledge of sports, entertainment, science, history, pop culture, and more. Think you’ve got all the answers? Grab some friends and get to guessing.
• Buffalo Wild Wings (North Charleston) Crowds of families, couples, professionals, and undergrads flock to this Tanger Outlet joint to join the competition. 6:30 p.m.
• Dog & Duck (Mount Pleasant—Belle Hall Shopping Center) 7 p.m.
• Necter Bar & Grille (James Island) In the hip (and sometimes smoky) back bar room, young and old work out their brains. 8 p.m. (also Thursday, 8 p.m.)
• Village Tavern (Mount Pleasant) 8 p.m.
• Giuseppi’s Pizza (Mount Pleasant) Families go head-to-head with college kids at this neighborly place packed with regulars downing hot slices and cold beer. 7 p.m.
• Soda Water Grill (Mount Pleasant) 7 p.m.
• Applebee’s (James Island) 8 p.m.
• Recovery Room (Downtown) Blue collars and 20-something business-types play on level fields at this laid-back watering hole. 8:45 p.m.
• Fiddler’s Green Pub (Mount Pleasant) 7 p.m.
• Woody’s BBQ (Mount Pleasant) 7 p.m.
• Obrion’s Pub & Grille (James Island) 9:30 p.m. (also Tuesday, 8:30 p.m., James Island, & 7 p.m., Mount Pleasant)
• Trayce’s Too (West Ashley) 7 p.m.
• King Street Grille (Mount Pleasant) Most throwdowns dole out house credit to teams with trivial talent; here smarties compete for cash and shots. 9 p.m. (also Tuesday, 9:30 p.m., downtown, & Thursday, 7 p.m., James Island)
• Applebee’s (Mount Pleasant) 8 p.m.
• Manny’s (West Ashley) Grab a gyro and join the intelligence Olympics at this lively pub that wisely serves both Greek and sports bar fare. 8 p.m. (also Thursday, 8 p.m.)